



For months we have been planning a surprise birthday party for Becky Jane. Yesterday was her 65th birthday and we pulled off this huge surprise of getting 100 of her closest and dearest in one location. This party was a ton of work, but well worth it when we saw her face when she walked in the door. Several months ago, Johnny sent out an evite telling us of this upcoming surprise party and we immediately got to work planning. Nick provided the venue which was a very nice room in the building where he lives and live music from his band. Heather began planning for all the deliciuos food. Johnny provided the alcohol for a full bar. And this branch of the Poast family provided decorations, dessert and the finishing touches on pretty much everything else involved. I offered to make butterfly cookies that would be on cookie sticks inside flower pots as the table centerpieces. Little did I know how much work would be involved, but I got it all done! I baked about 130 cookies last weekend and spent an entire day decorating them with chocolate. They came out very cute! I also offered to take care of the paper products but wanted to add another personal touch so I stamped each napkin with a butterfly rubber stamp in the center. These also were a nice touch to the table.
Yesterday was such a busy day. We got up super early to pack up the car and get everything organized before heading over to Sibcy Cline to blow up all 80 balloons. Sibcy was super nice to let us use their helium. Luckily we were able to get all the balloons done in only 2 trips. Then we headed over to the venue to finish setting up the room before the party. I think everyone loved it and had a great time. Best of all, the birthday girl was thrilled and overwhelmed with joy. Seeing her face made it all worth the trouble. Happy 65th Birthday Becky Jane!





No comments:
Post a Comment