Wow, I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. Well, needless-to-say we have been very busy. It all started with Michael volunteering to help Kathleen out and be a part of her senior thesis project. She directed and starred in "A resolution for Medea". It took up a lot of Michael's time in the evenings for about 3 weeks, but they did a fantastic job. The show only ran for 1 night last weekend, but it was wonderful. I was so proud of how hard she worked, and I know she had a lot of obstacles to overcome. Michael also did a great job. I think this experience has reignited a desire to do some more community theater.
JuJu and PopI flew in for a few days last weekend to see the show. We really enjoyed their visit, as we always do. They were here for 3 days and we were blessed with a short preview of spring Saturday and Sunday, so we spent a great deal of time each day playing outside. PopI ran out on Saturday morning to purchase a mini moon bounce for Griffin. It is so adorable. When we first put him in it, he freaked out. I think he needs another kid his age to show him what to do in there. He'll get the hang of it soon. We are hoping for some warmer weather this week to get back out there and try again.
After they left on Monday morning, the 3 of us spent much of the week resting up from late nights playing and visiting. Wednesday of this week I took Grif to story time at the library for the first time. He was the youngest one there and doesn't quite know how to sit and listen yet, but he had a great time. This week's theme was "my pets" and the kids got to make a fish bowl and color some fish. He really enjoyed coloring and playing with glue!
Thursday we tried Movers and Shaker again, but this time he showed even less interest in the activities. As he gets older, he might enjoy it more, so we will keep going and see how things turn out.
Friday was a big day for us. Griffin and I joined a new mom's club. We went to our first playdate and guess what? It was all boys! Yay, finally Grif has some other boys to play with. I met 2 other moms that live so close to us, Teresa and Karen. Everyone had a blast and we can't wait for next time! I am so excited about this. A fellow nestie referred me to this group which is formed out of St. Ignatius Church right down Northbend. There are several age-appropriate playgroups and lots of activities for the entire group to get together often.
Friday night we had another campaign fundraiser. This one was a dinner hosted by Nick and Paula Link. It was great to finally be able to get to know all of the candidates. Brian and Kelly came over to babysit while we were next door. I think they ran around the house for 3 hours straight. Brian loves playing with Griffin. I can't wait to see them with their own kids!
To end our busy week, Griffin woke up Friday night with a runny nose, and a low fever. He was up ever half hour Friday night, so no one slept well. Saturday we spent just hanging around the house and resting. He had several doses of Tylenol, but the fever kept coming back. He slept a little better Saturday night, but hopefully the little bug will be short-lived. I hate to see my little man sick:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment