Friday, February 27, 2009

Movers & Shakers

We finally had a chance to get to Movers and Shakers yesterday. This is a program at our local library with a ton of singing and dancing for toddlers. Most of the stuff was a little too complex for Griffin right now, but he LOVED the music. His little hips were shaking the whole time. I was a little worried that he would disrupt the group. He had no interest in sitting with me or joining in with the group. At first he was more interested in looking out the window and pulling the music lyrics off the wall, but they played a lot of songs we sing at home, so I think he recognized some of the tunes. As I observed a little more, I learned that anything goes. There were moms who's kids wouldn't leave their side. There were moms who were chasing their kids around the entire library. And then there were the lucky moms who's children actually listened to the teacher and followed directions. There were about 20 other kids there. Some were young like Griffin, but most were over 2 and apparently go often since they new the routine. I think he really enjoyed himself, so we hope to go back often. We also will start going to storytime next week as well. Griffin is getting better about listening to stories, so we hope this works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment